- Half-Day Rental 4 Hours
- Full-Day Rental All Day
- Multi-Day Rental (Per day) 2-6 Days
- Full Week Rental 7 Days
- 4+ Hours
Why rent from us? As the premier paddling destination and the only specialty SUP shop in Maine, the difference is in our high quality equipment, attention to details, unparalleled customer service, and paddling expertise unavailable elsewhere. We do have you transport the boards; but that means you get the ultimate flexibility in paddling location (away from crowds and out of the wind) to make your day on the water seamless and memorable. We are conveniently located in downtown Bar Harbor our staff is ready to help you get set up.
- Half Day Rental: A half day rental is the perfect option for a morning or afternoon exploring the waters of Acadia, going for a swim, and getting a little workout. The best lakes are about a 20 min drive from our shop giving you around 3 hours to paddle before you need to load up and head back.
- Full Day Rental: Our FAVORITE and MOST FLEXIBLE option! A full-day reservation gives you complete control of your day. Take your board and explore multiple locations or change it up if one spot gets too crowded or windy. We will hold the board for you the whole day. Simply come when you like and have the board back 30 min before we close.
- Multi-Day Rental: Staying on the water or want the ultimate freedom on your vacation to paddle without the hassle of feeling rushed? A long term paddle board rental is the perfect solution. Don’t let weather forecasts or changing plans affect your ability to go paddling whenever you want. The boards are yours the whole time. Come pick them up when you are ready. Or better yet, schedule a delivery to your vacation rental and we will drop them off, set up the boards, and pick them up on your last day!
Included With an Acadia SUP Rental:
- High-quality and durable (adult sized) 11′ hard paddle board from Glide SUP, Werner paddle, a safety leash, and personal flotation device (required by law)
- Foam Pads and straps to safely secure the boards to the top of your vehicle. No rack needed!!
- Assistance from our friendly and knowledgeable staff loading your boards and a brief orientation on proper use of your equipment, making for a seamless rental process
- A map with recommended paddling spots to give you the flexibility to get away from the crowed boat launches as well as out of the wind.
Unless you are experienced or have multi-day lodging on the water, all rentals are intended for use on local lakes. Limited availability of suitable parking, big tides, cold water, frequent fog, and boat traffic in the local harbor are all factors we take into consideration when adopting this seemingly restrictive policy.
However, we do make limited exceptions. Those wishing to paddle on tidal water should be prepared to have an advance conversation with our staff about their ability level and intended paddling location or consider signing up for one of our all inclusive, 2 hours guided harbor trips instead; and which depart multiple times throughout the day.
Regardless of where you intend to paddle, we reserve the right to limit where you may paddle based on your ability level and daily weather conditions. However, at the end of the day you are responsible for your own safety.
For more, information view our Rental Policies & Preparation
Please note: Again, our store is NOT located on or near the water so you will need to transport the board yourself. We do offer delivery most evenings (the day before your rental) for an additional charge on Multi-Day rentals ONLY. However, we cannot always accommodate last-minute or same-day delivery requests. To arrange delivery on a long term rental, please call us to set up an appointment.
Questions? Give us a call. 207-610-2970
200 Main St
Bar Harbor, Maine 04609
PO Box 802
Bar Harbor, ME 04609
*Store Open May through October*
Spring Hours: 7 Days: 10am – 6pm
Summer Hours: 7 Days: 8:30am – 8:30pm
Fall Hours: 11:30am – 6:30pm – Closed Mondays